Magento 2 – Why & When to Choose Magento for your Website in 2021mejixcomdev
Among dozens of renowned eCommerce solutions, Magento 2 certainly grabs the eye. But how can you be sure that it’s the right solution for your website?
We’ve spoken about Magento 2 (now Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source) before, and there are good reasons for that. According to statistics from BuiltWith, there are almost 200,000 live Magento websites. You’ll find topliners Lenovo, Samsung, Coca-Cola, Canon, and Bvlgari among the countless enterprises that use it today. Impressive, isn’t it? But nothing is universal when it comes to eCommerce solutions, so let’s ask the big question: why and when should you consider using Magento for your website?
We’ll give you a high-level view on Magento 2, and then we’ll move on to aspects that might (or might not) make it the right solution for your business.
The WHYs — What’s Great about Magento 2 In Three Key Points
1. Full Functionality: Technical Sturdiness, Security & SEO
As a PHP-based open-source platform, Magento 2 is rich, rigorous, and friendly to developers. It’s entirely in tune with today’s eCommerce technical requirements and offers tremendous website performance, security, and SEO improvements.
- As an open-source platform, it allows users to change the source code to fulfill business needs and requirements better.
- Core technologies like HTML 5, CSS3, JQuery, RequireJS, and Elastic Search gear up Magento with a functional edge over other famous industry solutions.
- Its unique data structure makes it possible for a website to perform well for both site users and the business. Magento allows you to efficiently execute an SEO strategy due to core components such as URL rewrites, and metadata.
- In terms of security, it comes with a built-in SHA-256 cryptographic hash for passwords (one of the most secure solutions on the market) and Signifyd for fraud protection, ensuring you are safe from scam orders.
2. More Flexibility: Rich Built In-Features, Extensions & Third-Party API Integration
With Magento 2, you get a wide array of built-in functions and features. Together, they create a fully integrated environment for developing, running, and managing your online store, from flawless user journeys and easy checkout to on-site marketing promotions.
But with any web store, there will always be a need for extra extensions. Magento made sure that installing and integrating extensions on your website is a straightforward process. Also, according to Litextension, every extension undergoes a thorough evaluation by Magento experts before it’s published on the app store so that only high-quality coded plugins reach the marketplace. Therefore, we recommend you check out Mageplaza’s list of the best Magento 2 extensions in 2021. Finally, Magento 2 allows you to perfectly integrate third-party tools like CRM systems, Google Analytics, and Google Checkout, additional payment methods (like PayPal and Braintree), shipment tracking, and much more.
3. Welcome & Functional: Alluring Design & Better UX for your Web Stores
Businesses shouldn’t forget how important having a great, functional design is to customer experience. According to Standford’s web credibility study, 75% of users judge a company’s credibility based on website design. And it doesn’t matter if you’re aiming for the B2B or the B2C market: an excellent user experience and a clean, professional appearance will make the difference. Magento 2 provides excellent design packages, fully responsive themes, and widgets. Full responsiveness means your website is usable and looks good regardless of the device users access it from. It’s a must-have today when more and more shoppers prefer mobile purchases to desktop ones.
Summing it Up — When to Choose Magento 2
- Integrated Functionality for B2B: use Magento 2 if you might need to integrate company accounts and easy-to-use business self-service shopping to your website.
- High Scalability: use Magento 2 if you expect your business to grow and need your website to match that up.
- Omnichannel Approach: use Magento 2 if you require integration with popular marketplaces like eBay and Amazon.
Keep in mind that, precisely due to its many features and enhanced functional capabilities, Magento 2 is fairly expensive. Unfortunately, that doesn’t make it ideal for smaller businesses. There’s also a steep learning curve with Magento 2 development, which involves highly technical skills. But you can address both of these issues by working with an experienced web (Magento 2) development vendor like Mejix. We also provide business consulting services to ensure that Magento 2 is the right solution for building a web store that matches your company’s vision.